Monday 23 January 2017

Twelve Days of Christmas Swap






Hello! In the run-up to Christmas I had a great time taking part in Jo's Twelve Days of Christmas swap from Through the Keyhole. Jo very kindly paired us up with a swap partner and we exchanged twelve gifts, one to be unwrapped on each of the days following on from Christmas.

My partner was the lovely Hazel of World of Joy. I gulped slightly because her blog is very stylish indeed and mine isn't, but we found a shared love of all things feline and crafty and it worked really well.

Like 95% of the country, I think, December was totally absorbed by the longest, most hideous coughing lurgy that totally stopped me in my tracks. Fortunately, I was just about ok for the day itself, but Hazel's beautifully wrapped and very thoughtful gifts were definitely a bright spot during a time of feeling very rubbishy indeed. As you can see from the pictures, it was a gorgeous haul of lovely crafty and pampering goodies. I particularly adore the cute fox socks!! There was a great deal of excited ooh-ing and ahh-ing as the gifts were unwrapped and it was a really enjoyable part of the festive season for me. Thank you so much Hazel!

Hazel's lovely blog even makes my gifts look pretty cool! She has blogged about them here. I am in love with her wonderful capsule wardrobes and they are inspiring me to take a steely look at my own chaotic clothing!

A massive thank you also to Jo for organising the swap. These things take a big effort, I know and they very much rely on everyone doing what they have signed up to do. I was lucky to have a fab swap partner, but I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out so well for others.

April x

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have now fully recovered April. There's been so much of it around. What a lovely idea for the 12 gifts for Christmas and you certainly were a lucky girl. Of to look at Hazel's blog now. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! Yes, totally recovered now thank goodness. Hope you are keeping well Xx

      Delete
  2. What a lot of lovely gifts you received. I got some of those Green & Black's chocolates too, they're my favourites, and I love those foxy socks. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed taking part, thank you for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're pleased with your gifts. I had great fun opening mine., thank you!
    I'm finding my capsule wardrobe really easy to use, I wish I'd done it sooner - let me know if you try it
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.