Wednesday 4 October 2017

Christmas Emergency Kit

 
 
Hello! This is my kit for Christmas emergencies of the postal variety. There's a profound irony in me coming up with this super organised kit, as it took me half the morning to find the acetate boxes I knew I'd ordered (I even went back to double-check I had actually ordered them!)
 
This kit is designed for general planning combined with that sudden realisation on the last day of posting that you have forgotten somebody...It contains a notebook planner, a gift receipt file, a sleeve to keep all your stamps safe and two emergency Christmas cards and gift tags - all kept together in an acetate box.
 
The really cool thing is that it's all made from bits found in Stampin' Up's Watercolor Christmas Project Kit. I only used an additional piece of Emerald Envy cardstock and some scraps of Whisper White that were hanging around. The kit is designed to make twenty cards, but I only used up two of the card blanks and one gold envelope liner to make my kit.
 
Here it all is fitted into the handy box...
 
 
The cute little planner is a plain notebook that I covered with card and the trees embellishment from the kit. The tabs for Christmas shopping lists and reminders were made using the Tabs for Everything stamp set and co-ordinating punch.
 
 
 
The file for gift receipts or other useful small pieces of paper is a card with one edge trimmed off and the inside covered with part of a gold envelope liner. The gift tags are made from 4 x 2 inch pieces of leftover card scraps.
 
 
The stamp sleeve (giving off a very radiant gold glow in this photo!) is just an envelope made from Emerald Envy with the Envelope Punch Board. I cut the top flap off and covered the front with a leftover piece of the envelope liner. The size of the envelope is the one for a 3.5 x 4 inch card. This is easily big enough to fit a number of stamp books in and saves you desperately scrabbling around for a stamp (if you are anything like me!)
 
 
I made two cards from the kit to add to the box. There are four lovely designs to choose from. Of course like a squirrel with his nuts, come Christmas time I may well have forgotten where I put this, but it was fun to make and hopefully demonstrates that you don't have to make twenty cards with SU kits!
 
 


 


Product List

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! This is just fabulous :) It's always good to have other ideas for a project kit - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria! I'm so glad you liked it :-)

      Delete
  2. My goodness April you are well organised. Great work! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.