Saturday 26 January 2019

Scavenger Photo Hunt - January

Hello! I thought I would do something very different for me (blog-wise) and take part in a photo scavenger hunt. I found a lovely one at here at I live, I love, I craft, I am me... and I felt inspired by the prompt words, so here goes!

metallic

 
 
This rather lovely and serene metallic lady hangs around on the back wall of our house. I particularly like her worn nose!
 
plate
 
 
 
I took this photo at the Highland Folk Museum in Newtonmore. We visited last summer on a blazingly hot day. It's quite a no-nonsense kind of plate isn't it?
 
made
 
 
 
I made these soaps in January and they are happily curing away now. I was really pleased with how the tiger-stripe technique turned out and I love the contrast between the soda ash top and the inside of the soap. Some people steam off their soda ash, but I love it!
 
aged
 
 
 
 
Another photo from the archives of last year's summer. This is Ruthven Barracks, built in 1719 after the 1715 Jacobite rising. An amazing place that is well worth visiting!
 
modern
 
 
 
I love this photo! I took it outside a hotel in Abcoude, Amsterdam. I really like the juxtaposition of the old and the modern! It was a lucky snap, as the hoover was being used to clean rooms so it probably didn't hang around for long!
 
my own choice

 
 
 
 
Finally, my furry girl Tiger Lily roasting herself on the radiator and cuddling a fox cushion. The red hot temperatures that she can tolerate are amazing. She literally puts her face directly on the radiator. Such a heat leech!
 
I've really enjoyed thinking about this month's words in relation to my photos. I hope very much that you like them too!
 
April x
 
 
 

 



18 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos April - you have a really artistic eye! And I ADORE Tiger Lily - she's a darling! So, so cute!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di! She is a cutie, just like your furry boy! Xx

      Delete
  2. Great photos, love the first one. Love the soaps and the hoover with the vintage mangle

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your take on the words are great & I love the old mangle & the new vacuum hanging around together. The old stone wall is beautiful, something I really love & as my ancestors were stonemasons who emigrated to Australia I always admire them. Favourite would have to be you furry tabby, so similar to my departed girl. Thanks for joining in & take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! It is an amazing wall isn't it? How lovely to have stonemason ancestors! xx

      Delete
  4. Yes, I like your pictures too! After a long debate with myself, I've selected Modern as my favourite closely followed by your Own Choice (I have a soft spot for tabby cats).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the metallic lady - she's beautiful and your soaps look fabulous .. I didn't realise handmade soap had to be cured - I'm trying to cut down on my use of plastic bottles and really enjoy buying handmade soaps when I'm travelling. Fil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil! Yes, cold process soap needs curing for 4-6 weeks. Water evaporates during that time and it becomes harder. You can use it before that but it wouldn't last as long. I have definitely cut down on plastic bottles since I started making my soap, so I'm pleased about that! April xx

      Delete
  6. Super photos. I love your sweet cat, they do love the heat don't they? I also love the photo of the modern cleaner against the old mangle:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rosie! Yes! Heat obsessed! Her brother likes sleeping with his feet on the boiler :-) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely selection of photos and stories, so glad you decided to join in☺ my favourite has to be your beautiful lady, and I have two heat leeches of my own x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate - glad you liked my photos! :-) xx

      Delete
  9. Great photos and a great interpretation of the prompts. I really love the soap photo, it could easily be turned into a modern art picture for a wall. I love the cat photo and would have had that as my favourite but it'll have to be a joint one with the soaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous selection - completely impossible to select any one above the others :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks John! Yes, either a permanent cold or too much alcohol consumption! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.