Tuesday 28 May 2019

52CCT Technique Challenge


Hello! Oh my goodness, I mulled over whether to post this! All I can say in its defence is that it is much prettier and very sparkly in real life, but isn't a great photo at all. I saw this interesting technique over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown called the Eraser Technique. It involves a piece of sand paper, a pencil and a rubber. There are a couple of links to show you how! I think Lucinda may have said that success depends on your eraser. I ended up raiding my daughter's exam pencil case because I couldn't really get it white. I'd reconciled myself to a silvery grey reindeer and he is much nicer in real life because he's covered in clear Wink of Stella. The background was made with a Tim Holtz burlap stencil.

There are some stunning examples of this technique. Sadly, this isn't one of them (ha ha!) It's difficult to resist a technique that uses sandpaper and is potentially messy though! Lots of fun!

Happy crafting, April xx



5 comments:

  1. Nice card, thanks for joining 52 CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you posted! Love the background... looks great! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely, don't run it down! I get the idea of the sparkle. It's a fun technique, isn't it and one I'd like to try again. Hope all is well. Thanks for joinng in at 52CCTx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! Yes, a great technique!! All well here, thanks. Hope you are ok xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.