Monday 18 September 2017

More Coffee!


Hello! Plenty of anguished over-thinking goes into my cards sometimes, so I was particularly inspired by the challenge over at Cards in Envy where the DT are looking for cards that are as 'Easy as 1,2,3'. This got me thinking as I have a pad of dsp that I am trying to use up in a non-Valentiney way. It is SU's Stacked With Love and it does have some great patterns.

So here is my 1, 2, 3 card...

1. Stamp the sentiments from MFT's Perk Up in SU Basic Grey ink on a piece of Whisper White cardstock.
2. Die-cut a coffee cup from Stacked With Love dsp and a heart using a recycled sleeve from a real coffee cup (not mine because I don't drink coffee).

 
3. Assemble on a Sahara Sand card base with another piece of Stacked With Love dsp.
 
Optional 4th step: Get distracted and go and write an email. Have a snack. Come back and realise you left your inkpad wide open and hadn't bothered to clean your stamps...
 
Here's another coffee-themed. super simple card made today. For this one, I die-cut a banner, cut off its tails and flipped them over. More of that dsp pad bites the dust...
 
 
Finally, here they are together.
 

 
The snippetage of the dsp and the recycling of the snaffled coffee sleeve qualify the card for the checklist on Parsnip's clipboard over at Pixie's Snippets Playground He never leaves Miss Di's inkpads open while he eats a snack...no never!

I would also like to send my card along to Addicted to Stamps and More because their challenge is...

 
and for once, my card is actually CAS!
 
Happy crafting! April x

11 comments:

  1. This is perfect for our "Easy as 1,2,3" challenge at Cards in Envy. Simple yet cute!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two super cards, a great way of using patterned paper, but keeping the cards CAS. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the heart paper background and the cute design of your cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy for our Easy as 1, 2, 3 card challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh April, you do make me giggle! LOVE both cards and your snippets entry is terrific! The heart looks rather like a humongous biscuit (according to Parsnip who is trying to lick the screen here!). Little horror.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, I thought exactly the same, Di. I personally think all biscuits should be that size!! Xx

      Delete
  5. your card for ATSM is cuute April
    Love it and love the heart cake clever idea
    swwweettt card
    many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this time
    hugs
    Monika (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet...just too cute! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.