Wednesday 12 May 2021

First Christmas Cards

 

Poor neglected blog. I haven't posted this year - where does the time go?? I can't even blame the soap making, as I haven't been able to face re-doing all the paper work to put my soaps on the new UK portal. A herniated disc earlier in the year did make all soap-making and papercrafting out of the question. Since then I haven't really managed to get back into it at all.

I have felt strangely Christmassy the last day or so. I think it is because we had an amazing thunder storm yesterday with very dark skies and heavy downpours of hail. There was another roll of thunder earlier, but it hasn't come to anything.

The card above is snippety as it uses left-over pieces of Whisper White card for the mat and the fussy-cut stocking. It is kind of snippety in spirit as well because I tend to buy stamping magazines and then never use the stamps that come with them... I do like this Christmas stocking though. It is from an old issue of 'Creative Stamping'. I stamped it with a mixture of Distress Inks - Blueprint and Wilted Violet. The branch was stamped in Rustic Wilderness and the little spots are Tumbled Glass. It's a simple card and one I'd like to repeat in different colours.

I am sending it along to Di and Dudley (for a virtual stocking chew) at Pixie's Snippets Playground I very much like the idea of Dudley in his bathtime burrito.


I made two more cards using various bits of old SU kits. This brings my Christmas card total to three!

Happy crafting!

April xxx






1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha April - Dudley says thank you for his stocking chew! Some lovely cards there. And watch that back too.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.