Wednesday 1 September 2021

Christmas Stencilling

 


Hello! Another long lapse between posting!

First of all, the star in the corner is meant to be a handy 'decorative' item to usefully hold down the edge of a bendy card. In real life it is an attractive sparkly wooden star from some Christmas pot-pourri (so it smells nice too). On my phone, this is what it looks like. Blown up on my laptop it looks like a mouldy old sponge extracted from the sink... so apologies for that!

The card was made using Funky Fossil's Nordic Noel stamp set and a holly leaf stencil that was also from Funky Fossil.

All the pieces of card are snippets and there is a tiny snippet of cork paper that was a snippety gift from a crafty friend. The stencilled background was made with distress inks and I decided to keep the lovely reindeer very simple with just a touch of Copic colouring.

I am sending my card to Di, Dudley and Parsnip at Pixie's Snippets Playground - I have been away for so long and have very much missed 'playgrounding'.

I am also taking part in the current challenge over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown



Happy Crafting!

April xxx

10 comments:

  1. Pretty make.. love the background and the colours. Nice design, too

    Thanks for playing along with our 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    *GDT* 52 Christmas Chard Throwdown
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello April, lovely to see you playing along with us. Your card is so pretty, the colours are gorgeously soft, and the textures - marvellous! You did make me laugh with your "mouldy sponge" star! Thanks for joining in at 52CCT, Lucinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucinda. Hope you are keeping well x

      Delete
  3. So sweet and artsy! Love it! I'm so happy you joined us in the stencil challenge at 52CCT:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the FF set and love the snippets card you've made with it.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarn -yes, it's a lovely FF set isn't it? Xxx

      Delete
  5. Hellooo April - what a lovely surprise! I adore your card - and only recently discovered Funky Fossil stamps, I love their clean lines.

    Come back soon please.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di! I do love FF stamps. Big hugs to you xxx

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.