Wednesday 22 September 2021

Polar Bear in a Jar


 Hello! This week's challenge over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is...



I have decided to jam a polar bear in my jar. He is very cute and from a retired SU set called White Christmas. The die cuts are from Beautiful Boughs and I have used them to stencil the edge of the card with Distress Inks.

I'm sending this bear in a jar to Di, Dudley and Parsnip at Pixie's Snippets Playground because the card is super snippety. It's made using a beautiful natural card that SU sold years ago. I really loved it - it had a great texture and I saved two pieces for ages that I eventually used. However, whilst 'tidying' Snippet Mountain, I came across a pile of off-cuts I had hoarded and forgotten about. They were left over from a box making workshop that I think I did in 2014... So I used some for this card, along with another snippet from an old embossed piece of card for the jar lid and yet another snippet of patterned paper that was hanging around in a drawer.

The same off-cuts were perfect for a Facebook Bookmark challenge. I always read books on my Kindle, but I am reading the huge tome that is 'Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell', so this foxy bookmark made with Lavinia stamps is now residing in its pages...


Our daughter went off to university last week, so I made her a gift box with this cute label...


Finally a Hallowe'en card! Quite apt, as the nights are certainly starting to draw in!


Happy Crafting!

April xxx

12 comments:

  1. Wow - lots to see here. Love your snippets card. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving some love. Hope to see u in the treehouse! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful collection of crafty projects, April. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely gorgeous, April! Love the little polar bear in the jar and all the die cuts and stencils you used! Your other creations are gorgeous too - I especially love the cute little tag you made for your daughter's gift box. Thank you so much for joining us at 52CCT this week! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT blog challange



    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Christmas card is so adorable and unique! The other projects are so cute too! Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card with a Jar you made :-))
    Thanks for playing with us at 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been a busy little be April - some wonderful makes here. Naturally I totally adore your 'polar bear in a jar' - absolutely fabulous!!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.