Monday 27 September 2021

Washi Deer


 Hello! I was inspired to make this card by the challenge over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown where you are asked to use at least two different designs of washi tape in your Christmas card.



I have a lot of washi tape, but I can be ambivalent about using it. Sometimes I add a bit to a card and then I think oh that looks rubbish, so I take it off again. I must say I prefer this very easy technique where you just apply strips of washi to a base of card and then die cut shapes from it. These deer dies I have used are from Sizzix. I love that the deer look as though they are wearing legwarmers and I deliberately went for clashy colours of washi. The fawn looks quite shocked by what he has ended up wearing, I think!

I'm also entering my deer into the challenge at My Time to Craft Christmas where the theme is Christmas Critters and the Allsorts Challenge where the theme is 'Anything Goes with Option of Nature'.

Happy Crafting!

April xxx




10 comments:

  1. Pretty multi coloured Reindeer, thanks so much for joining in our 'A/G or Nature' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh April, I do love your funky, clashy deer! So bright and zingy, such fun!! Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous way to use Washi tape, not sure I've seen this technique before! Beautifully done and such pretty, non- traditional Christmas colors!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge for our "A/G with option of Nature" theme! Hope to see you back again soon!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, great idea for the use of washi tape, lovely colours, thanks for sharing at MTTCC.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

  5. So happy to see your entry at My Time To Craft Christmas.
    We love to see everyone’s work.
    Good luck, do come back again!
    Hugs, Jackie DT member x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.