Saturday 24 October 2015

52 CCT Technique Challenge


Hello! This week over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown we have a technique challenge for you.



We would like you to make a card that uses the technique of resist embossing. I started off with a piece of Whisper White cardstock. I stamped a wood-grain image using SU's Hardwood stamp and Versamark, then covered it with clear embossing powder and heat embossed it. Then I used a sponge dauber to rub Sahara Sand ink over the image.

 I had originally intended to use the whole piece, but over enthusiastic use of the embossing powder had created blotchy areas! Inspired by some birch star table decorations I have hanging around, I decided to cut out elements from the embossed card instead. I've combined my stars with a brushed gold background and a Blackberry Bliss card. I hope you like it and that you will be inspired by the DT's lovely creations.

Have a creative weekend, April x

7 comments:

  1. My favourite technique - thanks!! I do like your card - clean, crisp and contemporary! Nicely done! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great technique April. Your card is really lovely and I think the colours look super. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It often happens we make something completely different due to a 'mistake.' I really like your wooden stars, they make a lovely and different card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. elle est superbe April, très élégante, ja'ime beaucoup les étoiles que tu as réalisé, une très belle idée, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the beautiful woodgrain stars and the fab layout

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the differences in "visual texture" here with the woodgrain stars against the brushed gold. The tilted panel is a fun touch, too! Great job, April!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.