Saturday 17 October 2015

52 CCT Theme Challenge


Hello! We have a theme challenge for you at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. When I was thinking of my choice of theme earlier in the year, I turned to my favourite Christmas music for inspiration. Every year, particularly when doing the dreaded wrapping, I have to listen to Annie Lennox's gorgeous version of 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen', Bing Crosby and David Bowie's 'Little Drummer Boy', Jona Lewie's 'Stop the Cavalry' and John Rutter's 'Wild Wood Carol'. It's the last one that I have chosen as my theme. Any combo of winter trees and/or woodland creatures would be fab!

For my card, I have used a fox stamp from Lawn Fawn's Joy to the Woods. The tree stamps were a magazine freebie and I have added a touch of Cosmic Shimmer to them. Mr Fox is trotting along a piece of SU Glimmer paper.

I do hope that you join us with your woodland inspired cards over at 52CCT! April x

I would like to enter my card in CHNC challenge extra for October.

13 comments:

  1. I love your snowy Christmas card April. The little fox is so cute. I don't have any Lawn Fawn stamps but do want to get some. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute wintery fox April and I love the snowy background on your card too. Thanks for such a great challenge this week. You've named some of my favourite Christmas songs and what a lovely tradition you have of listening to them while you wrap your gifts xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill! It sounds lovely, but in reality I get covered in bits of sellotape and get cross! Xx

      Delete
  3. I think this is a fun theme. Love your woodland scene with the sparkly snow, the cute fox and super trees. xxx

    BTW - when I wrap, I sit down in front of the TV for a mega session - usually a Christmas related slushie!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! Glad you like the theme. I'm so hopeless at wrapping there has to be minimal distraction! Xx

      Delete
  4. This is so adorable full of Christmas delight thank you for joining the CHNC Extra Challenge
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable April, j'adore ce tampon et. J'aime l'ambiance que tu as su créer , biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great scene love the card
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your snowy landscape and the cute little fox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.