Saturday 31 October 2015

52 CCT Theme Challenge


Hello! Here is my DT card for this week's theme challenge over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. As there are five weekends in the month, it is time for a:

 
Please trawl through our archive of previous themes for inspiration. I have gone all the way back to March 2012 and the theme of Christmas animals or birds. I have used Hero Arts' Colour Layering Dimensional Bird to create a Turtle Dove. The leaves and branch are from the same stamp and die set and I have added a holly background made using a stencil that came with a magazine. I like him, as he reminds me of William Morris' Strawberry Thief, although my bird has his eyes firmly on those mini pine cones!
 
 I do hope that you will join us over at 52CCT. It's my last week of hosting and the cards have been wonderful. I have really enjoyed visiting so many lovely blogs!
 
Card-making has taken a bit of a back seat recently, as we have been enjoying a lovely two week half term. We visited the Harry Potter studios at Watford and Monkey Forest near Stoke. Both were fabulous! I've got my bunting up for our Halloween party tomorrow (some real cobwebs needed removing first). I made the abstract picture from fused plastic shopping bags when they were still free. It will have shot up in value now!! :-)
 
 
Finally, a photo of one of the residents of Monkey Forest! Love those fluffy legs! April x
 
 



14 comments:

  1. April - I think your Turtle Dove is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours on this card too. Thank you for your challenges this month - I've had lots of fun!

    Enjoy Halloween this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely April. It does look very William Morris. I heard on tv the other day that the Turtle Dove is in danger of becoming extinct. Isn't that sad. Love the photo of the monkey. Enjoy your party tonight. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! That's very sad - so many birds and animals in danger :-( We had a great party thanks - exhausted now!! Xx

      Delete
  3. love the pretty bird and the patterned papers you used

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH . . . sounds like you're up for a party. In which case, bring some grog and meet me round the back of the Playground bike sheds on Thursday night! We're having a Bonfire Party on 5th November. Be there or be square!

    Love your turtle dove card with the pretty paper and inking.#

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! See you there Sarn!! I'll bring the sparklers! :-) Xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely turtle dove April - it was on TV the other day that they're declining in numbers here! A beautiful card - and I do love the cheeky monkey you sneaked into the Playground :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di! It's such a shame about the turtle doves :-( Xx

      Delete
  6. I really like the tilted panels and the colors in the background papers. You've done a wonderful job as our challenge hostess this month at 52CCT! :) {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Patricia! I've loved it!! :-) Xx

      Delete
  7. C'est superbe April, j'aime beaucoup le thème des oiseaux et ta carte est très élégante, biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the pretty layers on your card! I chuckled at your cobweb comment, the banner is awesome and so is the pic of the monkey!
    Thanks for joining us for the Hero Arts Holiday Cardmaking Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.